Emma Kate Tobia
Emma Kate Tobia
- The Ireland Canada Monument Committee is delighted to announce that Irish Soprano Emma Kate Tobia has agreed to perform at a fundraiser(s) in the Greater Vancouver area and at the unveiling of The Ireland Canada Monument. Event details will be announced when a site for the Monument is confirmed. The committee invites support from organizations, musicians and dancers others throughout Canada who maybe interested in ensuring the event is a success.
- Phone (604) 873-3167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Singer Emma -Kate Tobia hails from Westport, Co Mayo, and now lives in Kinsale Co Cork. Emma-Kate is a classically trained soprano who melds her pure lyrical voice with the timeless melodies of her Irish heritage. She is a multiple award winning artist who has a grá or love for Irish Song which is reflected in her Debut CD, ‘Aisling na nGael’ (An Irish Dream). The CD is a combination of Classical and Traditional songs mostly sung “as Gaeilge”Initially embraced by the New York Irish, Emma-Kate is currently breaking out nationally in the USA with her CD which is getting radio airplay in cities across the country including Boston, Pittsburgh, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New Jersey, Illinois, Colorado, Texas, as far west as Washington and is being streamed on many Internet sites. She has been interviewed on the radio, featured by WFUV, her CD has been reviewed in The Boston Irish Reporter, Irish America Magazine, The Irish Emigrant, Irish American News and she has been on the cover of The Irish Examiner, USA.
- Emma-Kate was interviewed on national television on WNBC on St. Patrick’s Day in NY where she was also invited to help the ring the bell at the NY Stock Exchange. She embarked on her first tour of the USA in December ’09 performing in 19 different cities from Chicago to Florida in a Classic Irish Christmas Tour. March 2010 saw Emma Kate perform outside the New York Stock Exchange that was televised along with her video opening the New York St Patrick’s Day Parade TV coverage on NBC. She then went on her first solo tour in the USA called An Irish Dream, which included cities in Maine, Rhode Island and Boston’s own Burns Library, at Boston College accompanied by violinist Gregory Harrington and pianist Isabelle O’Connell.
- Emma Kate will be recording her second album this year and will include some new, unrecorded songs by some of Irelands finest songwriters written especially for her. A series of Roisín Dubh – concerts in 2010 in the National Concert Hall, The Grainstore at Ballymaloe, Cork and St Catherines Church, Kinsale are set for May with other dates and venues to be announced later, see www.emmakatetobia.com for more details.
- Aisling na nGael –An Irish Dream CDIs available on ITunes, Amazon, CD Baby and Celtic Music USA and is under the Tara Music Record Label.
- See www.taramusic.com for more details.
- Emma Kate Tobia at the Murrisk Famine Memorial, County Mayo May 2010.